[Samba] Joining PC to PDC domain does not work

Daniel Thielking daniel.thielking at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 16 08:04:04 UTC 2015

Hi Colleagues,

we are using samba 4.1.12 on a CentOS 7 Server. We have two different
networks first one 192.168.1.x and the second one 192.168.2.x. no
firewall on the router.

We are using WinNT-domain. Not AD!

The samba server ist in de 1.x network and the client in the 2.x
network. If i try to join then client to the server I get an error
message that the client cannot connect to domain because auf dns errors.
I pointed the Client to the same DNS-Server where all the other clients
on 1.x subnets are watching but this solves not the problem. Do you have
any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply!

Daniel