[Samba] unixHomeDirectory, loginShell, etc. on Samba4 AD DC

buhorojo buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:00:36 UTC 2015

On 15/09/15 21:20, Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:17:33 +0200
> buhorojo <buhorojo.lcb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15/09/15 19:50, Jim Seymour wrote:
>>> there is no way for a given network user to have both an AD and
>>> Unix login, on the same host, having the same username, UID, etc.,
>>> when Is my understanding correct? Thanks, Jim
>> Hi
>> You can have AD users log into both. winbind doesn't work on a DC.
>> Why not forget it, prevent it starting and use sssd, which works
>> everywhere on any box in your domain? You then get the full set of
>> all rfc2307 without exception. Everywhere.
> I'll take a look at it, buhorojo.  Thanks for the hint.
>
> So you mind if I pester you for help? :)
>
> (As you can see: I can be quite a pest.)
>
> Regards,
> Jim
I only did it as a project. We've since gone cloud. My teacher wrote
some articles on it. But if I can do it, it must be easy. I'll find the
links if you're stuck. But I do know that to do what you want to do,
you'll have to lose winbind. It is not configurable and not ready for
production. Many of the problems here are about winbind. That says a lot.
HTH