[Samba] unixHomeDirectory, loginShell, etc. on Samba4 AD DC

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Sep 15 18:16:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:04:39 +0100
Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Now I never actually said that, what I said was, you cannot have a
> user called 'fred' in /etc/passwd and in AD,

Understood that.

> you can have both an AD
> user called 'fred' and a Unix login called 'fred' on the same host,
> but they will be the same user and all the users info will need to be
> stored in AD.

*But* on the AD DC, several AD attributes, such as unixHomeDirectory and
loginShell, are not available, correct?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is