[Samba] Error on Group Policy Management from Windows 8.1

Lluís Danés lluisdanes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:23:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've set up samba with Active Directory Domain Controller and now I
want to manage the group policy on my windows 8.1 using the
Administrator account.

I've SeDiskOperatorPrivilege rights and I am using
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Shares_with_Windows_ACLs

After install RSAT on Windows 8.1 and am trying to set up group
policies on my recently installed (from source 4.3.0) samba server.
When I run the Group Policy Management tool I get a dialog coming up
that says "A processing error occurred collecting data using this base
domain controller. Please change the base domain controller and try
again."

This popup only appears on the first tab STATUS. If I click Detect Now
it popups it again. Also I've applied some policies like network
mappings that they didn't have effect (I don't know if it's related)

Thanks

--
Lluís Danés