[Samba] After some time "denied due to share security descriptor"

Alessandro Briosi tsdogs at briosix.org
Tue Sep 15 07:34:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I'm using samba 4.1.20 (from sernet) with 2 AD servers and 1 as file
server.

It happens that after some time (days), some users report that they
cannot access the shares on the file server any-more, and I find the
following entries in the log file:

STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve
connectionsuser DOMAIN\pc-name$ connection to sharename denied due to
share security descriptor.
STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve
connectionsuser DOMAIN\pc-name$ connection to sharename denied due to
share security descriptor.

Killing the specific smbd process serving the client restores the access
(obviously creating a new process).

PCs don't get rebooted often (basically they are always on).

It takes days to happen again then. Is this related to some kerberos
security?

Is this known? Anybody experiencing it?

Thank you.
Alessandro