[Samba] Wither "uidNumber" and "gidNumber"? (was: Re: ldbedit: no matching records - cannot edit (newly-created user))

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Mon Sep 14 17:44:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:41:10 -0300
Guilherme Boing <kolt+samba at frag.com.br> wrote:

> I don't like mapping to primaryGroupID because at least for me, it
> will always be 513 (Domain Users if I'm not mistaken).

Well, yes: Apparently it does.  I don't like it, either, which is why I
was interested in using gidNumber.

> This is why I have the groups mapped to gidNumber, but I'm using
> nslcd to do this.
[snip]

I see.  Is that the only way to accomplish this?

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is