[Samba] Wither "uidNumber" and "gidNumber"? (was: Re: ldbedit: no matching records - cannot edit (newly-created user))

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sun Sep 13 17:51:28 UTC 2015

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 18:33:33 +0100
Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Yes, I set the users gidNumber to be the gidNumber of Domain Users,
> but it could easily be the gidNumber of another group, just make
> sure the group exists and contains the gidNumber you use.

Cool :)  Thanks!

Y'know: By the time we're done, here, we may have the makings of a
"Samba4 AD DCs for *nix-Heads" :)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is