[Samba] ldbedit: no matching records - cannot edit (newly-created user)

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Thu Sep 10 17:15:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:24:59 +0100
Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/09/15 17:08, Jim Seymour wrote:
[snip]

> How have you installed samba4, was it from packages, or did you
> compile it yourself?

Packages.  Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

> If it was the later, idmap.ldb will be in /usr/local/samba/private
> (this is from memory, it has been sometime since I last compiled
> samba myself)

$ locate idmap.ldb
/var/lib/samba/private/idmap.ldb

> If it is from packages, how did you provision samba4
[snip]

Using a variation on Louis' script: 4-jessie-samba-DC.sh

As I said, originally: This is the second time creating a test user for
experimentation.  The first time I did it: At some point the "missing"
record suddenly appeared.  I deleted the user in order to start all
over again, and the above issue reoccurs.

(In case anybody remembers my earlier "fragile" comment, well...)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is