[Samba] Upgrading from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0

Guilherme Boing kolt+samba at frag.com.br
Wed Sep 9 18:27:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

Is there anything that I need to do to properly upgrade from 4.2.3 AD DC to
4.3.0 ?
I am still running a test enviroment, however I already have a hundred of
users added to the AD and I don't want to lose data. The main reason I am
willing to upgrade is because this is still a test env.

I have tested doing a simple configure && make && make install and starting
samba service again and everything seems to be running flawlessly... but I
would like some advice if that is acceptable or not. (ofc I have
snapshots/backups if needed).

Thanks.