[Samba] How to update Samba 4.1.17 member server on Debian Wheezy from Backports.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:47:50 UTC 2015

On 09/09/15 14:42, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I normally build and install everything from a tarball. With the
> help of the list I was able to install a member server on Debian Wheezy
> from backports. However I do not know how to update to Samba 4.3.0. Can
> someone lend some guidance? Thanks.

Before we get into how, can I ask why ?
Are you having problems with your member server that are fixed in 4.3.0
or do you just want to be running the latest samba version ?

If it is the later, then it probably isn't worth the effort upgrading,
if it is the former, then I would wait a short while and (presumably)
Sernet will provide 4.3.0 packages.

Rowland