[Samba] winbind does not work+sernet package+samba 4.2

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 9 11:16:30 UTC 2015

If you did install winbind and later on sernet-samba-winbindd
Check if the old package winbind is completely removed, if not remove them.

I had this on my Debian jessie, my fix was, remove all old winbind things.
Check if any old samba/winbind packages are gone, base on samba version number.

Remove sernet-samba-winbindd (no purge) and install it again,
this solved it for me.

Greetz,

Louis