[Samba] Please Help!!! smbcontrol close-share

Carlos R.P.Evertsz carlosrpevertsz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:42:45 UTC 2015

Hello to everybody in the list.

I want to close a samba share using a command that can be executed when
i need it or scheduled with at/cron.
I found that 'smbcontrol close-share' command  supposed to do that, but
when i try to run command it doesn't work.

         sudo smbcontrol smbd close-share My_Share

It returns the following:

             Ignoring unknown parameter "use client drivers"
            WARNING: [printers] service MUST be printable!
            Ignoring unknown parameter "use client drivers"

I don't know how to make this command to work.

My server is Ubuntu 12.04LTS running Samba Version 3.6.3

Please, i really appreciate any help how to run this command.

Sincerely,

Carlos