[Samba] nfs4 mounted homedir and kerberos tickets

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Sep 8 14:33:36 UTC 2015

Hai,

I have strange problem, i think its a simple thing, but im missing some kerberos knowledge here..

Situation.

I login with my pc on the AD domain, (works fine).

Now i login on my member server with ssh (putty), using the ssh single sign-on on my server where my

homedirs is  ( /home/users/username)  , this works fine.

When i do the same to my print server, where the homedir is mounted with nfsv4  kerberos base.

I get an error that im unable to access my home dir.

( see also the samba list subject : Re: [Samba] nfs based shared home dir question )

When i do the following.

I login to the member server, as described above, and then login to the printserver from the member server,

I need to type my password and i DO have access to my home dir.

Now i logout of both servers, test again from my pc with putty to my print server without type-ing passwords

and … now it works as is should.

What is missing here ?? must be something simple, but this i cant find it.

And Rowland, … now i know what you did mean about systemd… still lots of bugs,

found serveral bugs, combined with nfs, due to above problems, and not auto mounting my nfs based homedir etc.

but got that all fixed.

/offtopic.

On debian Jessie with nfs4 kerberos setup.

On the server nfs server in fstab,

Add the following after the bind option:

bind,x-systemd.automount

Client : with nfs4 kerberos when using fstab.

Create the folder : /etc/systemd/system/nfs-common.service.d/

And add this file with content : remote-fs-pre.conf

[Unit]

Before=remote-fs-pre.target

Wants=remote-fs-pre.target

This makes sure your mount really mounts at the end of starting up

Greetz,

Louis