[Samba] Maybe working - Re: BIND DLZ zone transfers

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Sep 8 14:30:37 UTC 2015

On 09/08/2015 10:09 AM, Sketch wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>>>  http://bind-dlz.sourceforge.net/best_practices.html
>>
>> So I would implement OpenLDAP replication on the AD and run 'native'
>> LDAP on the master nameserver, using the same Bind LDAP interface.
>
> Unless you're doing something unsual, why not just run a second DC
> with it's own DNS server and let Samba handle it?  You really should
> have more than one DC anyway.

This is to my production nameserver in my internal view.  I am not going
to be running that as a DC.  It is BIND only.

actually there are two.  The outward (and inward) facing one that
everyone can see:  onlo.htt-consult.com

And an internal 'test' one rigel.htt-consult.com

Then there is the development one:  valeria.htt-consult.com

Now can anyone figure out the source of my host names???

Anyway, my goal is to have samba dns integret with Bind DNS.  Not the
other way.

I think I am there with adjusting the SOA timers.