[Samba] Problem upgrading from 4.0.25 to 4.2.3

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Sep 8 03:17:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am running Samba 4 on FreeBSD 10 system. I recently upgraded from
FreeBSD 10,1 to the latest 10.2 and thought I'd upgrade Samba at the
same time.

I have tested different versions of Samba (4.0.26, 4.1.18 and 4.2.3);
everytime Samba will core dump at start.

I get no error message. I tried to increase the debug level, not to
avail.

Smb.conf file is as follow, stripped to the bare minimum as I only need
Active Directory so far.

For the moment I am at lost on what I should try next and help would be
greatly welcome.

Best regards,

Olivier

# Global parameters
[global]
        log level = 25
        workgroup = SMB4
        realm = CS.AIT.AC.TH
        netbios name = ACTIVE
        server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

[netlogon]
        path = /var/db/samba4/sysvol/cs.ait.ac.th/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/db/samba4/sysvol
        read only = No