[Samba] Samba 4 DC backups

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Mon Sep 7 01:02:58 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-05 21:14, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-09-01 at 14:59 +1200, Brady, Mike wrote:
>
>> The script will include these in the backup without doing a tdbback
>> which I would not have thought was safe?  Should these files be
>> excluded
>> or have a tdbbackup done like the ldb files, or am I totally missing
>> something?
>>

> You are entirely correct.  Any chance of a patch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett
Sorry, but no.

I don't know Perl and I am not actually using the script.  I was just
looking for info on how to do backups correctly in my environment.

I am using Bacula for backups, so the Bacula fileset determines what
goes in the backup and I have a Python script that does the tdbbackup.

Happy to share the Python script if any one wants it, but it is hard
coded with the specifics of my environment (Centos 7/Sernet
packages/Bacula) and just runs the tdbbackup on all the ldb/tdb files
and does nothing else.

Regards

Mike