[Samba] Fwd: Cannot connect to Samba share (4.1.11) from Windows 10

Adrien Husson adhusson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 12:15:21 UTC 2015

Hi!

I have a Samba server version 4.1.11 running on Ubuntu Server 14.04. I
cannot connect from Windows 10 (but I can from Windows 7).

The server and the clients are not on the same LAN.

The error message given by Windows is that the server is online but
not responding. However the Samba logs say otherwise.

I have attached the logs for a failed connection attempt from Windows
10, and those for a successful attempt from Windows 7 (for
comparison).

Briefly, unlike the successful attempt, the failed one starts with:

    switch message SMBnegprot (pid 2855) conn 0x0

then it requests a number of different protocols before selecting
SMB2_FF. Then, after some security negotiations, it switches to
protocol SMB 2.???, then SMB3_00, followed by:

    Server exit (NT_STATUS_END_OF_FILE).

The successful attempt selects protocol SMB2_10 from the start, but
this protocol is not even requested by Windows 10.

Here are the logs :

Failed attempt (from Windows 10)
http://pastebin.com/M0xmBuY3

Successful attempt (from Windows 7)