[Samba] classicupgrade and shares and printers and logins

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Sep 6 02:18:18 UTC 2015

On 09/05/2015 06:28 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
> I haven't followed all of the many threads you opened during the last
> days, but it seams you have many basic questions about Samba setup.
>
> A good start for Samba (AD) beginners is here:
>    https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Documentation
>
> It covers many questions (AD setup/migration, print server, home shares,
> roaming profiles, DNS, etc.).

Oh, I have been plowing through those pages and have copious notes.
Things are beginning to make sense; muchly because I have been trying
things and seeing things not work and then going back and 'oh, that is
what they mean'.

I want to thank people here for their help and forbearance.  I might
soon not only have my first Samba AD, but an idea on a Samba AD arm
appliance for SOHO use.  But then many are probably doing just that.