[Samba] Deny Access Message with GPO

James lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:06:19 UTC 2015

On 9/4/2015 11:59 AM, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:
> Hi James
>
> Thank you very much! My problem was solved!
>
> Regards,
>
> Márcio Bacci

> <mailto:lingpanda101 at gmail.com>>:
>
>     On 9/3/2015 11:02 PM, Marcio Demetrio Bacci wrote:
>     > My user is member of the 'Group Policy Creator Owners' group,
>     but when I
>     > try to create a GPO, the following message appear: Denied Access.
>     >
>     > I am using*  Group Policy Management Console*
>     >
>     > What is the problem?
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     >
>     > Márcio Bacci
>     Open Group Policy Management. On the folder view left click the folder
>     titled "Group Policy Objects". From the right choose the tab titled
>     "Delegation". What groups are allowed to great GPO's. I bet "Group
>     Policy Creator Owners" group is missing.
>
>     --
>     -James
>

>     --

I take it the group was missing?

Understand the limitations with creating GPO's as a member of this
group. In short you will not be able to link,edit or modify GPO's from
others. Only the Admin can.

This leads into another question hopefully someone can answer. Shouldn't
this group by default have permissions on this container?

--
-James