[Samba] sernet kerberos

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Sep 4 09:43:02 UTC 2015

On 09/04/2015 03:59 AM, mathias dufresne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think there is sernet kerberos package. You would have to install
> kerberos client using your package manager: krb5-workstation on Centos or
> krb5-user on Debian I think...

As I understand things:

Samba4.2 and lower is designed for the Heimal (sp!) kerberos.
Redhat/Fedora/Centos provides the MIT kerberos.  Thus Sernet provides a
'proper' kerberos for these OS.  I saw that somewhere on some web writeup.

Samba 4.3, coming out 'real soon now', allows Samba to use the MIT kerberos.

But for now, no running on Centos with the Centos provided Kerberos.