[Samba] DNS entries for sites that do not have a DC

Brady, Mike mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Thu Sep 3 21:23:21 UTC 2015

Currently my Samba 4 AD set up does not add in SRV RRs for sites that do
not have domain controllers.

I have configured sites, links, costs, subnets, etc. and these appear to
be working correctly for the sites that have a DC.

On the page
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc759550(WS.10).aspx linked
to from https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Sites in the
"Automatic Site Coverage" section

"A domain controller advertises itself (registers a site-related SRV
record in DNS) in any site that does not have a domain controller for
that domain and for which its site has the lowest-cost connections. "

Is this functionality implemented in Samba?

Is it safe to add in the Site entries by hand?

Thanks

Mike