[Samba] samba_dlz: Failed to configure zone... already exists

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Thu Sep 3 13:28:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Finally got BIND_DLZ going.  Last errors were:

    samba_dlz: Failed to configure zone 'example.com'
    exiting (due to fatal error)
    samba_dlz: shutting down

And, indeed, I had, in /etc/bind/named.local.conf:

    zone "example.com" in {
        type master;
        file "named.hosts";
    };

Commenting that out solved the problem and BIND started up.

Problem is: I *need* that (static) zone.  This server will be not only
the Samba AD DC, but primary nameserver and a bunch of other stuff.  So
I imagine I have to start over, making the zone in which the AD DC
stuff resides "pdc.example.com"?

Only not certain about interaction between the Samba AD DC zone and the
Kerberos default_realm?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is