[Samba] AppArmor Rules for Samba AD DC on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (was: Re: BIND 9.9 apparmor rules with Samba)

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Thu Sep 3 13:12:46 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Through interpreting what the current Wiki article says, plus some
trial and error: The following AppArmor rules *appear* to work for a
Samba AD DC using the stuff from the distro for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS:

$ cat /etc/apparmor.d/local/usr.sbin.named
# Site-specific additions and overrides for usr.sbin.named.
# For more details, please see /etc/apparmor.d/local/README.
/dev/urandom w,
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ldb/modules/ldb/** rm,
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/samba/** rm,
/var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab r,
/var/lib/samba/private/named.conf r,
/var/lib/samba/private/dns/** rwk,

But, mind you: I'm a Samba AD DC and AppArmor n00b, and I don't
actually have Samba actually *running*, yet, so caveat emptor :)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is