[Samba] ldapcmp issue

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:52:27 UTC 2015

On 03/09/15 09:59, mathias dufresne wrote:
> Hi Mourik,
>
> whenChanged was replicated in my test once I did replicate in both way, so
> it seems to me it is supposed to be replicated... Then the fact it is not
> always replicated seems to me an issue.
>
> Perhaps a bug report for these two issue (whenChanged not always replicated
> and ldapcmp hanging once DB is too much filled) would be the right way to
> proceed...
>
> Cheers,
>
> mat

According to two microsoft webpages:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms680921%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc221004.aspx

whenChanged is not replicated but if you examine ldapcmp.py (the bit of
samba-tool that compares AD databases) you will find this:

                 # "whenChanged", # This is implicitly replicated

So somebody went to all the trouble of adding it, but then commented it out.

Rowland