[Samba] Redirect Volume size

Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX johannesa at celluloid-vfx.com
Thu Sep 3 09:32:12 UTC 2015

Hello List,
we are using a 4.1.19 samba on ubuntu 12.04.3  (3.13.0-32-generic
#57~precise1-Ubuntu SMP) on our fileserver (and as our ad dc on another
machine)

we're distributing 3 smb shares (/share/1, /share/2, /share/3). We have
a project management that dynamically links active projects from the raid:

/mnt/1/projectxy --> /share/1/projectxy
/mnt/2/projectxy --> /share/2/projectxy

This works nice because we don't expose other project data to our
freelancers not working on them.
We try to confine users with apparmor to avoid the risks of insecure
wide linking and use a samba 4.1 AD to enforce group rights on projects.

One nitpick we see is that the shares now show the wrong disk size (from
the internal disk where /share is located).

Is there a way to "redirect" free volume size? Alternatively I could
setup the share root on the Volumes - this just would mean some minutes
downtime I would like to avoid.
Ty for your time.

cat /etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
    netbios name = cell-stor-06
    workgroup = SAMDOM
    security = ADS
    realm = SAMDOM
    encrypt passwords = yes

    bind interfaces only =yes
    interfaces = lo bond0

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
    idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
    idmap config SAMDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config SAMDOM:range = 500-40000

    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

    allow insecure wide links = yes
    unix extensions = no
    wide links = yes

[output]
    path = /share/output
    read only = no
    veto files      =
/._*/.DS_Store/.Trash*/.TemporaryItems/desktop.ini/Thumbs.db/.apdisk/
    create mask     = 0660
    directory mask  = 2770
    #force user      = moo
    #guest ok = yes