[Samba] Cannot access the (old) samba server on my router from Linux

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Sep 2 19:08:36 UTC 2015

El 02/09/15 a les 19:26, Rowland Penny ha escrit:

> I would go back to your ISP and ask them why they are supplying a router
> that uses a version of samba that is about 18 years old.

That's not going to happen, because...

> Also if samba
> is this old, what version of linux is it running and how old is that,
> there are possibly major security implications here.

...the only vulnerability they didn't address is related to samba (*not*
in samba itself), and I used it to obtain the administration password
(they just disclose a user password that can do almost nothing), as well
as the voip password, so I don't really want them to fix it ;)
And that's why I won't disclose neither the brand/model or the
vulnerability (it's not exploitable from the internet).
I'd just prefer to use Linux for further "explorations" ;)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007