[Samba] Samba 4 DC backups

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:12:13 UTC 2015

Two little things:
I almost sure I had some tdbdump stopping because of changes into ldb file
dumped. So stopping the DC is a good idea to me.

When a DC goes wrong and there are others in our AD, don't bother to try
remove the broken DC. When you'll join your broken DC to AD, the join
command will first remove that DC from AD, to add it again. A clean up of
previous LDB/TDB files seems a nice idea to me too, before rejoining that
broken DC.

Cheers,

mathias