[Samba] Upgrade DC from 4.2 sernet packages to 4.3 self compiled

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:03:13 UTC 2015

By the first one you meant the DC which owns FSMO roles? If yes I would
suggest you replcae the binaries because demote process until Samba 4.3.1
included is quiet buggy and not able to perform needed stuffs (change the
SOA of both DNS zones, remove DC from sites, at least). And the fact SOA is
not changed generates also a bunch of DNS issues...

I chose to replace the DC and so I had to deal with all these issues. I
posted on the list I managed to get rid of these issues. If you feel as it
is a good day to learn Samba, replace the DC :)
If you feel as you'd like to do something else than Samba to end your week,
replcae the binaries ;)