[Samba] self compiled samba domain member, jessie, pam config

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Mon Oct 26 18:59:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I installed a debian jessie machine, compiled/installed samba 4.3.1,
configured as a domain member server, configured winbind: all working
nicely. Great docs on the wiki.
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server)

One remaining thing: How do I exactly configure pam_winbind in the setup
above?

On the wiki I read that debian uses pam-auth-update. That does not seem
to detect the winbind install. Installing doing apt-get install
libpam-winbind wants to install the complete samba package from debian
jessie.

I have read this page also:
https://wiki.debian.org/AuthenticatingLinuxWithActiveDirectory but it
seems very old, and the pam files on my system look very different.

Are there instructions somewhere on the wiki, or does someone have some
notes in the subject he or she would care to share?

MJ