[Samba] Update Wiki for backup script

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:01:02 UTC 2015

On 26/10/15 14:40, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I notice the script expects to have $PATH  include
> '/usr/local/samba/bin'. Script will fail if it can't find tdbbackup.
> It was obvious to me but others may stumble. Maybe someone could add
> under the 'About the samba_backup script' section.
>
> "/This requires that your whole samba installation is on one place
> (like /usr/local/samba/). This script assumes you have included
> 'usr/local/samba/bin' as part of your path variable for root./"
>
> The script will fail with mention of a status code. However looking
> through the script, I see no mention of what these codes mean.
> Thoughts? Thanks.
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Backup_and_restore_an_Samba_AD_DC

Hmm, if you read the Samba wiki, on:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

There is this:

    Paths

You should consider putting the directories "/usr/local/samba/bin/" and
"/usr/local/samba/sbin/" at the beginning of your $PATH variable:

export PATH=/usr/local/samba/bin/:/usr/local/samba/sbin/:$PATH

To permanently add this to your system or user configuration, see your
distributions documentation.

It shouldn't be there, it should probably be at the bottom of this page:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_source

Rowland