[Samba] joining second DC to domain and non creation of DC DNS records

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:54:23 UTC 2015

On 23/10/15 10:22, Dirk Laurenz wrote:
> Hello Rowland,
>
> just hat a similar problem with 4.3.0. What fixed my problem was:
>
> stop samba
> switch to samba internal backend
> remove dns-dc record
> switch back to bind backend
> afterwards, everything worked for me

I totally missed that bit on the wiki page, or I would have tried it,
hopefully now that I have altered the page it is a bit more obvious.

But what I was trying to get across was, the problem is apparently
caused by the new DCs A record not being created in AD, hence none of
the CNAME records are either. If the A record exists before the join, it
just works.

Rowland