[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:00:16 UTC 2015

On 22/10/15 14:35, Ole Traupe wrote:
> So you are suggesting to use the 'root preexec' parameter to try to
> map a non-existing share in order to have the Samba file server create
> it.
>
> This time, this 'root preexec' is in which smb.conf section on what
> server? My DC is not the server hosting the homes.

The title of this thread is: [Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

You now seem to have got the share '[homes]' working but have found that
by using 'root preexec' your script is being run by the 'root' user. I
was just pointing out that there is another command called 'preexec' and
as an aside, just who did you think was going run a command run from
something called 'root preexec' ????

Rowland