[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:53:47 UTC 2015

On 22/10/15 10:38, Ole Traupe wrote:
> The ADUC is very comfortable, and - even for the Samba devs, it seems
> - the intended way of use. This whole stuff is mainly directed to
> Windows use. But that is only my opinion.

It is the only GUI way to admin a Samba 4 AD domain, but you can
(mostly) admin it from the command line using samba-tool.
You can do some things easier and quicker using samba-tool, i.e. create
a Unix user, one command and that is it, not create the user and then
have to open the users info, select 'Unix Attributes' tab, check and
alter the settings, then if you want to add an email address, you have
to go to another tab.

Rowland