[Samba] Integration with AD and mail service

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 22 09:13:36 UTC 2015

In addition to marc's commment.
As Marc already told, you do this very easy. ( see the link of wiki )

Here are also few examples.

I set a filters like :

A simple user email adres :  ( real user)
scope = sub
query_filter = (&(objectClass=person)(|(mail=%s)(otherMailbox=%s)))
result_attribute = mail

For a group adres :  ( real group )
query_filter = (&(objectclass=group)(|(mail=%s)(otherMailbox=%s)))
leaf_result_attribute = mail
special_result_attribute = member

What i do also for example, im "abuseing" contacts in a separated OU.
Example of a contact abuse:
query_filter = (&(objectClass=contact)(displayName=%s))
result_attribute = displayName
And in the display name you put the email adres.
( i use this for the servers email adresses ) like root abuse etc.

and a redirect (contact abused)
scope = sub
query_filter = (&(objectClass=contact)(displayName=%s))
result_attribute = description
Here i use displayName and description.
This is used for forward adresses/redirects

And you can use any "object" you create and abuse fieds for postfix.
In addition to above, here i set root redirect other email adres also.
If i install postfix, i dont have to adjust the aliasses file.
All default there are redirect but the ldap aliasses.

Now the great thing.. install postfix and postfix ldap, copy the ldap config file to it and make postfix use it.

Greetz,

Louis