[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Oct 22 08:00:36 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 02:52 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> I am now beginning to believe the above is not true. Before a user can
> connect to their homeshare it must exist, it is the link to this, that
> Samba creates i.e. it changes '[homes]' to the username and connects to
> that. This is working for me on a Debian 4.1.17 DC just as it has always
> done on a member server, I just never tried it before.

This is what we observe, yes. The only problem with this that ADUC
autocreation does NOT work with this, rather unfortunate.

If someone knowns of a way to make ADUC NOT create the homdir, we would
like to know. The preexec in smb.conf does it, and ADUC should simply
accept whatever we type for homedir.

MJ