[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 21 12:38:23 UTC 2015

MJ, thanks a lot! Just to make sure I get you right:

This section is in the smb.conf.
a) on the DC acting as file sever as well, or
b) on a separate file server running Samba 4.1.17?

The user log-on happens on a third machine, that is neither DC nor that
file server, right?

How and where is the home dir for each user specified? On the DC? In the
smb.conf or via the ADUC console in the user properties under "Profile"
and/or "Unix attributes"? Are you using rfc2307 in your smb.conf?

Does this work for log-ons on Windows as well as Linux machines?

Thank you for any more details!

Ole