[Samba] getent passwd not showing domain users at boot

Mark Foley mfoley at ohprs.org
Wed Oct 21 04:48:00 UTC 2015

I added `service winbind status` to the beginning of my rc.local script and,
after booting, saw the message: "winbind stop/waiting".

So you're right, winbind is not running.

Hmmm, I thought rc.local was the last thing to run at boot time. winbindd is run
as a daemon, so I suppose rc.local could run before winbind has a chance to get
all its ducks in a row.

I'll try looping in rc.local for a while waiting for winbind to start.

--Mark