[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:23:01 UTC 2015

On 20/10/15 21:08, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Rowland,
>
> The pam_mkhomedir worked ( by accident ) on for home dir on my print server.
> But i cant remember if that was a mounted /home or a local /home.
> Worth a try i think .. simple change and test.
> Thats why i suggested it.. ;-)

I know it will work on a normal login to a domain member with a static
/home, but I have never tried it with a mounted /home. In theory it
should create the home dir on the mount and this should create it on the
DC, but in practice ??

The other thing I was trying to point out was that you shouldn't use
[homes] on the DC and the OP is.

Rowland