[Samba] Problems with TDBs on CTDB-managed Samba instance

Howard, Stewart Jameson sjhoward at iu.edu
Tue Oct 20 16:07:37 UTC 2015

Hi Volker and Jeremy,

Thanks for looking at my thread  :)

It looks like we're running version 1.2.10-1 of libtdb:

"""
[root@<HOST> bin]# rpm -qa|grep -i libtdb
libtdb-1.2.10-1.el6.x86_64
"""

As for Samba, we're running the Sernet distribution at version 4.1.6-7:

"""
[root@<HOST> bin]# rpm -qa|grep -i samba
sernet-samba-libs-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-debuginfo-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-ad-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-client-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-libsmbclient-devel-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-common-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-libwbclient-devel-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-winbind-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
sernet-samba-libsmbclient0-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64
"""

I think Jeremy asked if I have a copy of the old, corrupted gencache_notrans.tdb.  I do have the file, but I will have to check on the possibility of posting it, since it contains domain SIDs internal to our organization.  Also, the size of the file is ~4G, which is over the limit that our mail servers will handle.  If it turns out that I'm able to provide the file, we might have to find some alternative way for me to post it.  In the meantime, is there any analysis of this file that you guys (or anyone else) can suggest to hunt for clues as to the cause?

Thank you so much for all of your help!!

Stewart