[Samba] Can't get 'root preexec' to run

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:03:01 UTC 2015

On 20/10/15 16:29, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Looks like my nfsv4 kerberos and root access problem.
>
> In that case, root didnt have a kerberos ticket, and was not allowed to access the needed folder. I think this is a bit the same.
>
> Creating the users and profiles shares from ADUC is working fine for me but
> not scripted from user root.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Hi Louis, it might help if you re-read the opening post, I mean what is
an 's' between friends :-)

I would then suggest the OP goes and reads this:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_home_drives

I think that I now understand what he is trying to do: The user logins
in to a domain member (aka member server)  where the users homedir does
not exist, but there is a mount on /home and he is trying to get the
users homedir created on the DC the first time the user connects, hmm I
wonder if pam_mkhomedir will do this???

Rowland

Rowland