[Samba] Samba 4 + Squidguardian

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 20 09:32:50 UTC 2015

> Well, I will give you this one, on DC you cannot, but on a domain member
> you can: winbind use default domain = yes
> However, it is not recommended to use the DC as a fileserver

Wbinfo -u returns only  username  on my DC's.

Just add this to the DC and it works fine, yes yes, its for a member server, but it works fine for me on my DC's also, and as result, getent, id, wbinfo
Do return on all my servers the same info.

I believe its safe to use it like this.
sidenote, IF you assign all users/groups UID/GID.
If not all assigned, the groups on DC give a 3xxxxxx GID or no users shown.

       # Use home directory and shell information from AD
        winbind nss info = rfc2307
        winbind use default domain = yes
        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/users/%U