[Samba] samba-tool and --kerberos

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:49:17 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I recently tried to use --kerberos switch in addition to some samba-tool
command (mainly samba-tool user create) without any success. The man page
of samba-tool is quiet shy on that subject:
       -k KERBEROS|--kerberos=KERBEROS
           Use Kerberos

Looking into samba-tool python script, in fact into
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/user.py, I can't find any
reference to kerberos. Perhaps the piece of --help telling we can use that
switch comes from other script (samba-tool itself?) and not related to
samba-tool user command, in that case inclusion of that piece of help
should be reviewed.

Anyone knows how to use --kerberos successfully with samba-tool?

Best regards,

mathias