[Samba] wbinfo works, id and getent don't

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny241155 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:49:21 UTC 2015

On 16/10/15 20:38, David Bear wrote:
> This must bt the issue -- I need to add the uid/gid numbers on the
> unix attributes tab.
>
> I did add the rfc2307 option in the smb conf -- but not directly on
> the groups and users..

When you setup the smb.conf with the options that you did, all you are
doing is setting up one half of the settings. You then need to go on and
setup the other half of the settings by adding uidNumber attributes to
the users that you want to visible to Unix machines and a gidNumber to
the Domain Users group, you can add gidNumber attributes to other domain
groups if you like, but Domain Users *MUST* have a gidNumber or winbind
will not work.

Rowland