[Samba] samba-tool using domain users

Yosel Lazaro Vera Gonzalez ylvera at estudiantes.uci.cu
Fri Oct 16 13:09:24 UTC 2015

!!! Regards
For example, I tried the following command:
samba-tool user create jhon p at assword -U mike
Then, the user is created without authenticate the user mike
Another command that I need execute with authentication is "samba-tool fsmo transfer".

That's all the point of an AD domain : )
If any user could make change into AD database, the product would not be
too much secure.

samba-tool comes with its own man page, in that man page you will how to
use a different user to authenticate against AD than your current Linux
user. Look for "-U".