[Samba] problem with scannedonly vfs

Emmanuel Garette egarette at cadoles.com
Wed Oct 14 10:09:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm using Samba 4.1.6 (version included in last Ubuntu LTS version).

I've some directories in a share. One of them has an exe file. In root
of my share I've a lnk file to this exe.

So I've:

/home/share/IntegrDom/IntegrDom.exe

and

/home/share/Install_Client_Scribe.lnk (which is a link to
/home/share/IntegrDom/IntegrDom.exe).

This point is important, if I remove this lnk file, all works fine.

When I remove the .scanned:Install_Client_Scribe.lnk file and I open
this share in Windows 7, the directory IntegrDom appears as a directory
a few second and became an unknown file.

Here is corresponding log (with debug level to 8):

In first time we have:

dos_mode: IntegrDom
dos_mode_from_sbuf returning d
is_in_path: IntegrDom
is_in_path: match not found
dos_mode returning d
smbd_dirptr_get_entry mask=[*] found IntegrDom fname=IntegrDom (IntegrDom)
smbd_dirptr_get_entry: dirptr 0x7f07b0f08f90 now at offset
7381146503409175813

As we can see, IntegrDom is a directory for dos_mode_from_sbuf function.

When Windows 7 reload share content:

dos_mode: IntegrDom
dos_mode_from_sbuf returning
is_in_path: IntegrDom
is_in_path: match not found
dos_mode returning
smbd_dirptr_get_entry mask=[*] found IntegrDom fname=IntegrDom (IntegrDom)
smbd_dirptr_get_entry: dirptr 0x7f07b0f09120 now at offset
7381146503409175813

dos_mode_from_sbuf don't return the directory as a directory.

Until the .scanned:Install_Client_Scribe.lnk file exists,
dos_mode_from_sbuf returns IntegrDom as file.

If I remove Install_Client_Scribe.lnk file, IntegrDom is see as a file.
I need to remove .scanned:Install_Client_Scribe.lnk file, IntegrDom is
see as a directory (which is strange behavior).

Is it a known behavior? Anyone has a solution for this problem?

Regards,