[Samba] Migrate directories and files

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:46:28 UTC 2015

> I need to manually perform the migration?
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hello guys,
> >
> > In my tests lab did the migration ldap base of the old samba3 to Samba4
> > ADCD.

Into your new AD DC database you have now all users, computers and groups
you add previously in Samba3?

> > It's possible to migrate directories and files from users of the old
> > samba3 to Samba4 ADDC?

Here you speak about the file serving part?
I expect if you copied information from Samba3 to Samba4, including UID/GID
of your users, nothing has to be done to perform that migration, except
plugging your file servers on to the new AD.