[Samba] Second DC doesn't recognize users/groups on getent

Guilherme Boing kolt+samba at frag.com.br
Tue Oct 13 14:27:32 UTC 2015

Yup, compiled it myself and did not change the path.
The query to the ldb returned the same thing on both DC1 and DC2.

DNS and /etc/hosts are also fine, DC1 dns points to DC2 and DC2 to DC1.
Everything seems to be completely fine...

I was looking into this issue because I was doing the sysvol replication
and noticed that the sysvol path had a '300000' as the group owner on DC2,
where on DC1 30000 translates to 'BUILTIN\administrators'.

DC1:
drwxrwx---+ 3 root BUILTIN\administrators     31 Ago 24 08:01 sysvol

DC2:
drwxrwx---+ 3 root 3000000     31 Aug 24 08:02 sysvol

(SELinux is disabled btw)

Not sure if this is going to break anything or not.

@mathias,

I didn't forgot to join, otherwise the DC wouldn't work. The DC2 *seems* to
be working just fine.
showrepl doesn't popup any error and is listed as a Domain Controller on
ADUC.