[Samba] Second DC doesn't recognize users/groups on getent

Guilherme Boing kolt+samba at frag.com.br
Tue Oct 13 14:00:19 UTC 2015

Hello Rowland,

I should also mention that Samba 4.3.0 was installed from tarball, I
compiled it myself.

DC2 does not have the /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb file. Also it did not
return any result on DC1.
However, using /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb, both DCs returned the same
thing:

# returned 4 records
# 1 entries
# 3 referrals

I wonder why DC1 has the /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb file and DC2 does
not.

Regarding the sssd issue, I am not really using sssd. sssd is not even
running, I believe when I first installed Samba through yum, it installed
itself there. Still, I have removed sss from nsswitch on both DCs.