[Samba] Samba-AD-DC package question . . .

Steve Ankeny steve_a at cinergymetro.net
Sat Oct 10 15:06:52 UTC 2015

On 10/10/2015 10:32 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Well on my debian samba 4.1.17 DC, when I run 'samba-tool testparm -v'
> amongst everything else I get this:
>
> dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon,
> lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6,
> backupkey, dnsserver
>
> Which, as you can see, already has epmapper and dnsserver running.
>
> I also cannot understand why openchange tell you to have this line:
>
> dsb:schema update allowed = true
>
> which should be:
>
> dsdb:schema update allowed = true
>
> either way, you only need it if you are adding something to the
> schema, is openchange permanently updating the schema ??
>
> With samba4 when you change the server services and dcerpc endpoint
> servers lines, you need to do as you have done, add a + to the service
> you want to add, or enter the complete line including the new service.
> Just adding the service by itself (without the +) will turn off
> everything else.
>
> It doesn't help that page 5 in the Native Microsoft Outlook
> Configuration Guide for version 2.3.2 show you one thing and then page
> 6 shows it differently.
>
> Rowland

I'll implement your suggestions once I get to that point in my
troubleshooting.

Like you, I'm running the lot --

adam at sogo:~$ samba-tool testparm -v | grep 'dcerpc endpoint servers'
         dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver
adam at sogo:~$

'dsb:schema update allowed = true' was a typo which I've corrected to
'dsdb:schema update allowed = true'