[Samba] gpo failure

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Oct 7 10:16:33 UTC 2015

Am 07.10.2015 um 12:00 schrieb mourik jan c heupink:
> I have defined two Default Domain Policies, confirmed by the settings
> tab in the Group Policy Management editor:
>
> 1st - computer config, policies, windows settings, scripts, shutdown
> 2nd - user configuration, preferences, windows settings, drive maps
>
> Unless these two happen to be policies that do NOT need a Registery.pol
> file?

None of these are registry values. They are stored in other places
inside the GUID folder.

Configure something in the "Administrative Templates" section, like the
screensaver timeout.

However, why is it so important for you, that this file is created? If
you don't have registry based policies definied in a GPO, the file isn't
there.

Regards,
Marc